ASML Senior Communications & Brand Specialist - Hsinchu in Hsinchu, Taiwan
Senior Communications & Brand Specialist - Hsinchu
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Experience: >10 Senior
Functional Area: Communications
Background: Business Administration
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment and the technology/market leader in the semiconductor lithography filed. By helping to make chips cheaper and more powerful, we help to make semiconductor technology more attractive for a larger range of products and services.
ASML is a global company with around 24,000 employees worldwide. Keep attracting and retaining talent is crucial to maintain our fast pace of innovation and essential to our long-term success as a company.
Currently, we employ 2,500 people in Taiwan working in 4 service offices and 2 manufacturing factories.
ASML’s Communications function has a responsibility to guard and improve ASML’s reputation as a trusted corporate partner and a corporate citizen through high-quality, pro-active, accessible communication with all relevant external and internal stakeholders.
The Communications function is currently focusing on three areas: Internal, Corporate and Labor Market Communications.
Due to highly skilled people with a technical background are scarce in the labor market and competition to recruit talented people is growing, it is important for ASML to keep good reputation and enhance engagement with potential candidates from industry to schools in the regions where we operate.
You will be mainly responsible for labor market communications and corpcom/marcom activities to raise ASML’s reputation and make ASML an ideal employer for potential candidates in the region.
You will need to work closely with HR recruitment team to define long- and short-term recruitment needs, develop strategies, execute activities and leverage social media and PR to further boost ASML’s employer branding toward our target audiences and keep them engaged. You will be responsible for:
• Developing and implementing a consistent Labor Market Communication plan and Recruitment related public relations to boost ASML’s long-term reputation as a trusted and ideal employer in the region.
• Building the ASML brand among our target audiences and stakeholders in the labor market.
• Ensuring that ASML’s employer brand activities are aligned with our global and regional brand identity as well as PR, sponsoring and social media activities, and that these mutually reinforce each other.
• Developing and implementing strategic digital/social media campaign to engage with target audience.
• Initiating creative communication campaign or events to boost branding and/or to support recruitment.
• Identifying and implementing University/Alumni engagement plan to spot and get in contact with top talents in technology, science, engineering fields.
• Keeping media relations with career press and generate positive exposure on high-impact media to boost employer branding.
• Ensuring that the content on ASML.com regional page is sufficient to local audience and up to date.
• Localizing / writing / distributing press releases in coordination with HQ
• Organizing the annual ASML Technology Symposium in Taiwan and Singapore.
• Supporting other marketing requests from country management team.
This job is ideal for a versatile self-starter with a Master degree in communications, marketing, journalism or relevant fields
At least 10 years of experience in marketing communications, PR and social media.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills:
• Critical thinking and analytical skills:
Be aware of complexity and actively seeks explanation, regularly goes through what-if scenarios, suggests potential solutions
• Planning and measurement abilities:
With strong understanding of the marketing mix. Plans assigned projects and prioritizes while executing plan. Understands and applies tools/technologies that drive data analysis and measurement. Builds measurement into plans and applies best practice measurement tools. Proposes metrics to improve.
• Consultation capabilities:
Active listening. Reflects and summarizes other’s comments to ensure understanding and correctly identifies messaging.
Understand and apply ASML brand guideline when developing creatives in local market. Be able to select right options from limited set, and with the ability to connect/judge if output is in line with ASML brand guideline. Shape ideas and improve and make ready for execution.
• Take initiative:
Checks if something is missing and proactively flags this to others. Recognize business needs and come up with a draft approach and gives guidance of what is needed.
• Goal orientation:
Consistently meets the objectives of assigned tasks. Deal with complex tasks and sets high standards for own performance. Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results.
• Strategy & business understanding:
Familiar with the semiconductor or IT industry. Understands flow of company operations and key markets.
• Near native speaker of English:
Cambridge English Certificate C1 or equivalent level.
Context of the position
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, an international, stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performers.
Experience in semiconductor industry or technology B2B marketing/communications is strongly preferred.
REQ ID: req9562