ASML Senior HR Business Partner / Senior HR Manager in San Diego, California
Senior HR Business Partner / Senior HR Manager
Location: San Diego - CA, US
Entity: ASML US, LP
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Functional Area: Human Resources
Background: Human Resources
Are you an HR Professional who prides yourself on partnering with your business leaders to effectively manage change and drive business success? Do you approach your work with passion and collaboration in mind? If we have described you, check out this amazing opportunity to be part of ASML’s impressive story and growth. We are seeking an experienced Sr. HR Business Partner/Sr. HR Manager who can balance strategy with execution while focusing on people as well as people development.
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Our vision is a world in which semiconductor technology is everywhere and helps to tackle society’s toughest challenges. We contribute to this goal by creating products and services that let our customers define the patterns that integrated circuits are made of, and we continuously raise the capabilities of our products, enabling our customers to increase the value and reduce the cost of chips.
By helping to make chips cheaper and more powerful, we help to make semiconductor technology more attractive for a larger range of products and services, which in turn enables progress in fields such as healthcare, energy, mobility and entertainment. The company is headquartered in Veldhoven, Netherlands with locations across Europe, Asia and the United States. ASML is traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
ASML San Diego is a key location for technology, development & engineering, and proto/pilot manufacturing of LPP sources for our lithography products, mainly for the EUV Business line. This organization employs about 650 employees and is growing quickly.
The organization is an inspiring place where employees work, learn, and share in multidisciplinary and multinational teams. The company pushes the boundaries of technology, and for that, have a need for the most creative minds, combined with strong executing capability, in physics, electronics, mechatronics, software, and precision engineering.
Located in San Diego, you will focus on translating business strategies into employee objectives that help drive the strategic direction for the organization, fostering people engagement, and ensuring that key HR Initiatives are executed successfully. The key customer stakeholder is the VP Development and Engineering.
This position reports to the Director, Human Resources - EUV business line, located in Veldhoven, Netherlands, has 3-4 direct reports, and is part of a global ASML HR team. Each day you will tackle new challenges as you guide your business leaders, including but not limited to:
· Guide, counsel, support, and collaborate the Executive team.
· Cover activities such as recruitment, organizational/management development, performance management, and assessment/compensation.
· Partner with management, manage training needs, analysis, role development, and coaching to build capability. Provide support in building cross functional and high-performing teams.
· Assess organizational and employee needs and work with managers on performance management as well as succession planning.
· Contribute to the design of the organization (skills, resources, processes) to suit business challenges and HR strategy.
· Analyze organizational effectiveness and suggest enhancement, implement organization development interventions, and recommend an organization structures.
· Partner with managers to foster employee morale and engagement
· Provide proactive consultation and input to executives, managers, and employees on issues where HR expertise can be utilized to improve business results.
· Responsible for all employee relations issues and provide direction to the organization in regards to company policies and procedures.
· Provide guidance and support to standardize and professionalize human resources processes and procedures. (e.g. policies, performance management)
· Contribute to further align and develop ONE HR, participating and leading projects on site and across sites and geographies.
· Ensure regulatory compliance related to HR records and practices.
· Partner with other HR subject matter expert resources (Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, etc.) to provide advisory services and support to customers.
· The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well independently, is a great networker, is able to effectively manage within a matrixed organization, and build strong rapport with internal clients and other stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Master’s and/or PHR/SPHR preferred.
· 15+ years of HR business partnering experience with 5+ years of team leadership experience and working with Senior Executive teams.
· Experience in a high-tech, global and matrixed environment is strongly preferred.
· Must have HR experience working in multinational organizations, with the ability to work in highly-matrixed environments is required. Strong knowledge of US labor markets with an understanding of relevant employment laws.
- Proven ability to influence across a matrix organization to drive change and process improvement. (i.e. compensation, recruitment, systems, etc..)
· Demonstrated track record for helping in achieving business results through HR strategies.
· Proven ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Strong Coaching/counseling skills as well as strong mentoring skills.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
· Strong experience in the field of talent management and organizational development
· A good understanding of compensation and benefits.
· Broad knowledge of project management, experience with change and organizational transformation processes.
· “Internal” bridge builder with excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to travel 10-20%. Internationally focused and open to traveling domestically and internationally (primarily US, Europe).
· Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
· Passionate about leading, developing and motivating an HR team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
May require travel dependent on business needs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Can work under deadlines.
The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE
For more background information about ASML we refer you to www.asml.com
REQ ID: req9730